Name: John Rundell
Role: Arbitrator, Mediator, Industry Expert, Other
Postnominals: B E B Ec MBA LLM DipICArb FCA FCPS FHKICPA FRIArb2 AdvMed NMAS FAICD PCI QSA PCI FI CISM
Practice areas: Intellectual Property - other, Intellectual Property – patent, Construction, Information security / data theft dispute, General commercial
Other practice areas: Court appointed expert accountant, Expert Determiner
Indicative daily rate (excl GST): $2000 - $2500
Languages spoken: English
Qualifications, Specialisations and Industry Qualifications
- Bachelor of Engineering, the University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Economics, the University of Adelaide
- Master of Business Administration, the University of Melbourne
- Master of Laws – Global Business Law, La Trobe University
- Professional Certificate in Arbitration, University of Adelaide Law School
- Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration, The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators/Oxford University
- Professional Certificate in Arbitration Advanced (with Distinction) University of Adelaide Law School
- Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration Oxford University with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Professional Mediator Training Parts 1 and 11
- Accord Group in HK meeting the training requirements of Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- The Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators Australia (IAMA) - Workplace Relations Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Training
- Master Class in Arbitration, every 2 years since graded including 2019 - IAMA/Resolution Institute
- ICC Masterclass for Arbitrator’s March 2013 Hong Kong
John Rundell has been an accountant for over 30 years and a Fellow for 20 years, He is a chartered accountant and experienced company director. As a chartered accountant in public practice, John specialises in risk, dispute resolution (ADR) and forensic accounting.
John is accredited and specialises in appropriate dispute resolution (ADR) with extensive experience as a Mediator, Expert Determiner and Arbitrator in Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia. He is a Panel Mediator for IP Australia for trademark disputes and on a number of specialist Dispute Resolution panels.
He has professional qualifications in Engineering, Economics, Business and Law and accreditation certifications in IT security, tax and dispute resolution.
He demonstrates strong technical knowledge in ICT and cybersecurity. He continues to lead the consulting firm Stratica which focuses on strategy, sourcing and risk specialising in cybersecurity/cybercrime as a Qualified Security Assessor and Payment Forensic Investigator, accredited by the global card brands. Stratica is the only Australian headquartered and Australian based Payment Forensic Investigator and one of only 20 firms globally with these dual accreditations.
John has extensive commercial and accounting experience gained over more than 30 years in industry and banking. He is a former partner of a global accounting firm KPMG, where he worked internationally and held a global leadership role. He lived and worked across Asia and was based in Hong Kong for over 8 years. He is a permanent resident of Hong Kong, holds an APEC card allowing Visa free access to most countries in Asia to conduct business.