Name: Lara Bishkov
Practice areas: Employment, Neighbourhood, General commercial
Other practice areas: Workplace disputes - Commercial Disputes - Contract Disputes - Banking and Finance - Insurance Disputes - Financial Services Disputes - Employment and incapacity issues - Community and interpersonal conflicts.
Indicative daily rate (excl GST): $2500 - $3500
Languages spoken: English
Qualifications, Specialisations and Industry Qualifications
- BEcLLB (Macquarie University) (1993)
- Diploma Legal Practice (College of Law) (1994)
- Nationally Accredited Mediator (2012)
- Member of Law Society of NSW Mediators Panel (2012 - )
- District Court of NSW Mediators Panel (2012 - )
- Australian Disputes Centre ADR Resource Group (2012 - )
- Teaching Fellow at UNSW (2013 - )
- Consultant Mediator with SHAW Mediation (2016 - )
- Member of Law Society Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee (2018 - )
- Panel Mediator for JUDICATE (2019 - )
- Volunteer judge in various Negotiation Competitions associated with UNSW (2014 - )
- Volunteer adjudicator of NSW Law Society Mock Mediation Competition (2016 - )
- Mentor in UNSW Law Society and Herbert Smith Freehills’ Women’s Mentoring Program (2018 - )
Lara adopts a strategic and pragmatic approach to dispute resolution. By focusing on identifying and meeting the parties’ commercial, financial, emotional and personal needs, Lara has been successful in facilitating finding solutions to problems, conflicts and disputes.
In order to obtain successful, sustainable and satisfying outcomes in an efficient and effective manner, Lara draws on her strong communication, negotiation, listening and organizational skills. Lara is a legal practitioner and nationally accredited mediator.
Lara is also a Teaching Fellow in the Law Faculty at the University of New South Wales and conducts negotiation and ADR training workshops and presentations for corporate clients.